Jersey City Back Pain Treatment
According to a study by Georgetown University, about 65 million people in the United States have back pain, with 16 million of them experiencing chronic pain. Back pain is so prevalent that it’s estimated to be the cause of 83 million workdays lost each year.
At Jersey Premier Pain, we’re dedicated to relieving patients’ pain. Back pain can be especially debilitating. Patients often experience deep, searing pain with every step and movement. Or their pain may be more subtle, but persistent and aggravating, keeping them from participating in the activities they would otherwise enjoy. They may even suffer from a backache while lying immobile, trying to sleep.
If this sounds familiar, you should contact the specialists at Jersey Premier Pain today. We have watched numerous patients suffering from severe back pain walk out our doors, feeling immense relief. We’ll develop a comprehensive treatment plan that’s personalized to your needs, which may include medication management, chiropractic care, physical therapy, massage therapy, and more.
Whatever may be the cause, we can help alleviate your symptoms with the best pain management care in Jersey City, NJ. Call Jersey Premier Pain at 201-386-8800 to book an appointment today.
Why You Need a Specialist
When it comes to back pain, some of your pain can be managed at home in the form of over-the-counter pain relievers and home remedies to help your body relax. However, according to the Mayo Clinic, there are several instances when a health professional’s intervention is necessary, such as when:
- The pain is severe and hasn’t relented with rest.
- The pain spreads down the legs.
- The patient experiences numbness, weakness, or tingling sensations.
- The patient has unexplained weight loss.
- The patient experiences changes to the bowel and/or bladder activity.
- The pain is a result of an injury to the back.
- The patient experiences a fever with the pain.
It’s also recommended to see a doctor if your medical history includes osteoporosis, cancer, excessive drug or alcohol use, steroid use, or if you’re experiencing back pain for the first time while over the age of 50.
Why Choose Jersey Premier Pain
Jersey Premier Pain strives to continue being the best pain management center in Jersey City. We always aim to provide exceptional, compassionate care to ensure our patients get the treatment they deserve.
Back pain is one of our specialties. We have plenty of treatment options, including:
- Chiropractic care – Having a back pain chiropractor can really help the chronic pain that you may be experiencing. Chiropractor’s focus on solutions to decrease tension in your spine.
- Physical therapy – If you suffered a back injury, physical therapy can help you regain the strength in your back and help to prevent future injuries that lead to your back pain in the first place!
- Massage therapy – If you are experiencing muscle pain, a back pain massage could help. Massages can release tension in your lower and upper back.
- Orthopedics – There are several orthopedic strategies we can use to help you manage your pain.
- Medication management – Our physicians can get you on a safe and effective pain relief medication plan based on the symptoms you are experiencing
We are dedicated to addressing your unique needs, whatever they may be. No matter the cause of your back pain, we’ll leverage our wide range of treatment options to develop a personalized plan to help relieve your symptoms and improve your health.
Cases We Handle
There are many different causes of back pain, and we at Jersey Premier Pain treat many of them. Even if you don’t know the cause of your pain, we can offer a diagnosis along with treatment. At Jersey Premier Pain, we offer integrated care, which means that we’ll work with your doctor and coordinate your treatment across specialists to make sure you’re receiving effective, complementary care.
Here are some of the back issues we treat:
Spinal Disc Problems
Bulging discs, herniated discs and pinched nerves are common causes of back pain. After injury, trauma, or just from aging, an intervertebral disc of the spinal cord can shrink and bulge, adding pressure and usually leading to pinched nerves.
Fibromyalgia is increasingly common among middle-aged and young-adult patients. It can cause musculoskeletal pain throughout your body, including back pain. Various treatments, such as chiropractic care, can relieve the pain, sensitivity, and fatigue associated with fibromyalgia.
A typical cause of lower back pain is the sacroiliac or SI joint, which is near your pelvis and tailbone. Moving too much or too little can lead to pain in the SI joint as you age.
Osteoporosis is the loss of bone density over time, which can create small fractures. These bone fractures can result in severe pain. While there is no cure for osteoporosis, treatment is available to manage the pain, slow the bone density loss, and even encourage new bone growth.
When we lift a heavy object incorrectly or make an awkward movement suddenly, we can seriously strain our muscles and cause pain that could potentially last days or weeks. Thankfully, massage therapy helps muscles to relax and relieves the pain caused by over-activity.
Other Back Pain Cases We Handle
While not all back injuries can be treated at Jersey Premier Pain, we can help treat the pain related to those injuries. Some other ailments that cause back pain include:
- Cancer or a nonmalignant tumor
- Kidney infection or kidney stones
- Displacement of a vertebral body or degenerative spondylolisthesis
Are you experiencing back pain with no resolution in sight? Struggling with pain and not sure what’s wrong? Jersey Premier Pain is here to help. We strive every day to provide our patients with pain relief that will be life-changing. We offer a diagnosis of your condition, pain treatment plans, and options to improve your overall health.
Whether you’re experiencing chronic back pain due to an underlying condition or have been injured in an accident, we can help get your life back on track. Call Jersey Premier Pain today at 201-386-8800 to set up an appointment.