Weehawken Pain Management Clinic
Living in chronic pain can make your life absolutely miserable. When your pain prevents you from doing activities you enjoy and leaves you in agony all day, your quality of life suffers immensely. But while your condition may seem unbearable, there might be treatment options available.
The doctors and staff of Jersey Premier Pain take a holistic, multidisciplinary approach to helping patients with chronic pain in Weehawken. By combining medication, physical therapy, massage, chiropractic care, and other treatments, we can identify the source of your chronic pain and improve your quality of life. We will create a treatment plan that is specific to your needs, whether that’s managing pain from a chronic condition or helping your body heal from an accident or surgical procedure. Our pain management techniques can also be used as an alternative to invasive surgery, and, in some cases, patients see better results than if they had undergone a procedure.
There is no need to suffer on your own if you are living with chronic pain in Weehawken. Contact Jersey Premier Pain by calling 201-386-8800 or filling out our contact form to schedule your initial appointment.
Pain Management Services We Offer in Weehawken
The highly skilled and experienced team at Jersey Premier Pain can find the ideal treatment for your chronic pain. Our services in Weehawken include:
- Medication – While medication does not always help with chronic pain over the long term, it can be immensely helpful to patients who struggle to manage their pain on a daily level. Our doctors have experience with many different medications that may prove useful in helping you manage your condition.
- Physical therapy – If you were injured in an accident or have a disability, physical therapy could help strengthen the muscles, joints, and connective tissues in the affected area. Your pain may decrease if your body is better able to support itself, and physical therapy can also improve flexibility, which may also help with your pain.
- Chiropractic care – Chiropractic care specialists can use their hands or specialized equipment to gently manipulate your bones, muscles, and joints. This kind of treatment can be especially helpful for those with arthritis, as arthritis patients often experience intense pain in their joints.
- Acupuncture – Acupuncture specialists use specially made needles or their hands to apply pressure to stress points in your body, helping to alleviate pain. Newer acupuncture techniques may also involve using magnets or a low electric current to stimulate your muscles and activate your body’s natural healing ability.
- Massage therapy – One of the most common causes of pain is stiffness in your muscles and joints. A massage therapist can carefully use pressure, heat, and cold to manipulate and stimulate sensitive or painful areas of your body. If done correctly, massage therapy can both alleviate your immediate symptoms and help with long-term pain relief.
- Pain management – Pain management involves using one or more of these techniques or other treatments to help you control your pain in both the short term and long term. While each of these techniques may be effective on its own, our pain specialists can help you come up with a treatment plan that combines multiple treatments in a way that is tailored to your individual needs. Along with treatments like physical therapy and chiropractic care, your treatment plan may include the development of an exercise regimen and changes in your diet.
Common Causes of Chronic Pain in Weehawken
There are many different medical conditions that can cause chronic pain, including:
- Cancer – Tumors caused by cancer can be extremely painful if they push up against nerves or other tissues within your body. Pain from cancer is often constant, making it especially difficult on patients.
- Arthritis/rheumatism – Arthritis and rheumatism are two conditions that can cause intense inflammation and pain, particularly in the joints. Older adults are especially prone to pain from arthritis and rheumatism, but the right pain management plan can make a significant difference in your quality of life.
- Nerve pain – Nerve damage and certain autoimmune disorders can cause intense nerve pain, and in many cases, the pain is constant. This type of pain often requires a multidisciplinary approach to treatment, as patients may need medication in the short term while using chiropractic care, physical therapy, or other treatments to help with long-term pain.
- Back injuries – A herniated disc, pinched sciatic nerve, or another back injury can cause intense pain in the lower or upper back, making it difficult to engage in many common activities.
- Migraines – A severe headache can leave patients in debilitating pain, and many people experience migraines regularly. Identifying the underlying cause of migraines can be difficult, but our pain management specialists have extensive experience with these cases.
- Auto accidents – Car accidents can cause severe injuries that may take months or years to heal. Common injuries from car accidents that can cause chronic pain include physical disabilities, nerve damage, back injuries, head injuries, and broken bones
- Workplace accidents – Thousands of New Jersey residents are injured every year in workplace accidents, and these accidents often leave victims with long-term pain. Some workplace accidents that can cause chronic pain are slip-and-falls, workers being hit by falling objects, and transportation accidents at work.
Why Choose Jersey Premier Pain?
At Jersey Premier Pain, our compassionate and experienced team treats you as a unique individual, not just a list of symptoms. We will listen carefully to your needs and come up with a whole-body treatment plan that fits your specific condition. As part of our holistic approach to treatment, we have connections with local healthcare providers in many different fields so you can get whatever treatment you need. Finally, our providers work to create a calm, healing environment whenever you meet with us so you can look forward to your treatment instead of dreading it.
Our Weehawken specialists are ready to help you take your life back from chronic pain. Call 201-386-8800 or visit our contact page to schedule an appointment.