Pain Management for Union City, New Jersey
Chronic pain affects hundreds of thousands of Americans each year. It ranges from mild but nagging pain that makes getting up and working difficult to excruciating neck or back pain that makes movement impossible. The causes are as varied as the types of pain. You may wonder what can be done besides taking more and more medicine or costly surgery.
At Jersey Premier Pain, we offer other solutions for pain management. No matter what the cause of your injury or chronic condition, we will help you find alternatives to popping pills or expensive medical procedures. Our therapies can help you return to the life you want to live free of constant pain. Call us today at 201-386-8800 for an appointment.
Causes of Chronic Pain
Chronic pain can result from a number of medical and traumatic conditions. The core cause is often nerve damage occurring when bones or discs become injured and inflamed. Other damage can result from metabolic illness. Some of the most common disorders Jersey Premier Pain encounters are:
- Migraine headaches. Painful, sometimes debilitating headaches triggered by numerous causes, including exposure to certain foods or drinks, stress, hormonal changes, or allergic reactions. Migraines result in not only pain, but sensitivity to light and sound, and nausea and dizziness.
- Fibromyalgia. A generalized pain felt mostly in the muscles but caused by trauma to the nerves, such as a serious vehicle accident or a viral infection like meningitis. The pain ranges from dull throbbing to sharp stabbing and can extend over the entire body.
- Arthritis and Rheumatism. Degenerative bone and connective tissue diseases that impact the joints, especially in the hands, back, hips, and knees. The pain results from the bones of the joints impinging on one another, and also from nerves being caught between bones and frayed cartilage. Because the joints are involved, movement of any kind becomes painful.
- Cancer-related pain. Cancer itself can cause pain when tumors grow into or around nerves and press on the nerve endings. Cancer treatments can increase the sensitivity of nerves, and make the patient more vulnerable to even minor pain.
There are as many types of pain as there are parts of the body. These are just a few of the more common kinds. At Jersey Premier Pain, we can assess your case and see what is causing your specific pain response and prescribe the right treatments for you.
Types of Pain Treatment
If you have chronic pain, chances are you have been prescribed numerous pain medicines of various strengths or been told your only hope is surgery. Medication and surgery have a place in the treatment of chronic and acute pain. But for the management of long-term chronic pain, Jersey Premier Pain believes that alternative methods should be used first before extreme methods are used.
We offer a wide range of services to treat and remedy chronic conditions to reduce the reliance on pain medication and, ideally, prevent the need for surgery.
- Chiropractic care. In cases where the joints or spine have restricted movement due to stiff muscles or misalignment, chiropractic therapy can relieve the misalignment and allow a full range of motion back into the joints. When muscles and joints become immobile, blood flow becomes restricted and the area becomes inflamed, causing pain and swelling. Chiropractic treatment releases the restrictions and thus relieves the pain.
- Massage therapy. There are numerous types of massage techniques, ranging from deep-tissue massage for severely locked joints to extremely gentle massage for pregnant women in their final trimester. As with chiropractic, the purpose of massage in pain management is to loosen tense or inflamed muscles and joints and allow the body to heal itself naturally.
- Acupuncture. An ancient technique, acupuncture involves inserting sterile needles at key points in the body for therapeutic effect. A less invasive form, acupressure, can also be used for those uncertain about the use of needles. The exact mechanism of acupuncture is unclear, but it has been shown to be effective in relieving pain.
Post-Injury Care and Treatment
If your pain is due to an accident or job-related injury, you may be anxious to get back to work. Too often, people ignore the pain, swallow some aspirin, and end up making things worse. At Jersey Premier Pain, we offer a wide range of therapies and treatments for those who have suffered work-related injuries, auto accidents, slip and falls, and other traumatic injuries. Our goal is to get you back on your feet as quickly as possible, but also safely, so that your injury does not recur.
Our post-injury treatment plans include physical therapy, massage, acupuncture, or chiropractic care, and other recommendations as needed. We can also consult with your primary care physician to ensure that all your medical needs are fully met.
About Our Team
The goal at Jersey Premier Pain is always to provide our patients the care and treatment they deserve, and the pain management they need to improve their quality of life. Our doctors and therapists work with you to give you the best outcome in your therapy and keep whatever chronic problems you may have from returning.
Our doctors all have extensive experience in chiropractic and massage therapy and are certified practitioners in physical therapy and sports medicine. Dr. Jonathan Mingoia first came to practice medicine after his own sports injury and experience with traditional rehabilitation. He found that chiropractic and sports massage worked better than pharmacology. Physical Therapist Dr. Sunil Hamadani has worked in a number of clinical settings and believes that patient rapport is essential to a positive outcome. Dr. Winson Ma is a certified kinesiologist and sports physician.
Contact Us Today
Chronic pain, whether it is the regular ache of an arthritic knee or the occasional attack of a migraine, is disruptive to your life and keeps you from living the way you want. Accidents and injuries cause traumatic pain that prevents you from working or taking care of your family. If you’re in Union City and want to take care of this without resorting to drugs or surgery, contact Jersey Premier Pain at 201-386-8800 or via our website, and schedule an appointment today. We will review your case with you and help you get started on your road to recovery.