Acupuncture traces its origins to Chinese medicine practiced over 3,500 years ago. It made its way to the West, where it developed an unfair reputation for being intimidating because of its use of needles. Let’s face it, no one loves needles because we associate them with pain, injections, or doctor’s offices. In truth, acupuncture is not something to be feared, but something to be explored and added to our modern approach to healthcare. Why? The answer is simple, because of the extremely wide range of health benefits that acupuncture can provide both mentally and physically.
At Jersey Premier Pain, we believe in helping people find a holistic approach to well-being that integrates treating painful symptoms with getting to the root cause of the problem. Our skilled team can apply several different types of acupuncture techniques to address specifics needs and concerns. To see how acupuncture can benefit your life, check out these surprising benefits to this ancient form of healing.
Surprising Benefits of Acupuncture
Acupuncture can benefit a wide range of health issues, including the concerns listed below:
- Allergy Relief: There is some research that links acupuncture with allergy and eczema relief. It can help strengthen the body before allergy season gets into full swing, and may also help reduce symptoms once allergy season begins.
- Insomnia Treatment: Acupuncture may help improve the quality of your sleep and increase your body’s ability to produce melatonin, the hormone that helps regulate sleep. The National Sleep Foundation shows that acupuncture may also be an effective way to help manage sleep apnea.
- Digestion Aid: Acupuncture treatment may be beneficial for patients who suffer from a range of digestive issues or disorders. It has been shown to help some patients regulate their digestion and may help relieve some of the symptoms associated with conditions like Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis.
- Easing Tinnitus: There are no drugs available to cure tinnitus, also known as ringing in the ears, but some studies show that acupuncture may be an effective way of reducing the loudness and severity of the condition.
- Quitting Smoking and Addictions: So, you’ve tried everything to quit smoking, and nothing has worked. Why not try acupuncture? It has been shown to help suppress cravings. It can also reduce the symptoms of withdrawal, making it an excellent choice for smoking and other addictions.
Common Benefits of Acupuncture
While it is helpful to highlight all the unusual benefits that people don’t necessarily associate with acupuncture, we don’t want to forget some of the classics either. Acupuncture is a powerful tool for stress relief in general and reducing muscle aches and tension in the body. Acupuncture has the power to tap into our bodies to lower our stress hormones and moderate mood to reduce anxiety.
Here are some of our other favorite benefits of acupuncture:
- Pain relief
- Headache relief
- Strengthened immune system
- Increased mental clarity
- Reducing anxiety and depression
Schedule Your Acupuncture Appointment Today
Ready to experience the health benefits of acupuncture for yourself? The team at Jersey Premier Pain is ready to take you on a holistic healing journey. Whether you want to relieve pain or reduce your stress, our team can help tailor an acupuncture experience to your needs and specific concerns.
Put your health and mental well-being first and contact us at 201-386-8800 to schedule a consultation with one of our pain management specialists.