Chiropractic care can be useful in managing and relieving pain in a patient’s bones, muscles, joints, and connective tissue, such as the tendons, cartilage, and ligaments. A chiropractor uses their hands to adjust the spinal column to treat various medical problems.
Aligning the musculoskeletal structure of a person’s body can facilitate healing. Traumatic events, such as repetitive stress and falling, could injure tissues in the joints, causing limited or a loss of mobility. Manual manipulation can restore a patient’s mobility without the need for surgery or medication.
What Types of Treatment Can a Chiropractor Perform?
Various treatments are available depending on the type of pain you’re experiencing and its location. Chiropractic care isn’t only about realigning joints or vertebrae in the spine. It can also include:
- Soft tissue therapy – A chiropractor will use this form of manual therapy to relieve spasms, relax tight muscles, and release tension in the connective tissue (fascia) surrounding the muscles.
- Stretches and exercises – Performing controlled exercises and stretches can improve range of motion and restore mobility in the affected body parts.
- Joint bracing/taping – Sprained muscles or joints require support to heal. Using this method can alleviate pain and support the muscles or joints while they heal.
Living with pain can significantly reduce your quality of life. Chiropractic treatment might be your best option for healing an injury, improving mobility, and preventing chronic pain.
Common Problems Chiropractors Can Treat
Chiropractors have the training and experience to treat medical issues associated with a person’s bodily structure. Surgery and prescription drugs aren’t typically the first solutions chiropractors turn to after diagnosing a patient.
The most common medical conditions chiropractors treat are:
- Low back pain – Many people seek chiropractic care for low back pain. It’s a common problem, affecting around 31 million Americans at any given time. Research suggests that patients can find relief from a chiropractor better than from a family doctor.
- Neck pain – Neck adjustments can alleviate and manage pain in the neck. Manual manipulation might require specific exercises. This treatment can be beneficial for patients experiencing neck pain that isn’t from an injury they received in an accident.
- Tension headaches – Tension headaches can affect the forehead or back of the neck or head. Neck adjustments, stretching, and practicing proper posture could alleviate the pain brought on by this condition.
- Migraine headaches – Research shows that spinal manipulations could decrease pain and the frequency of migraines. It might also limit the need for medication.
- Whiplash – Whiplash can cause stiffness and pain that worsen when turning the head. An adjustment could realign the vertebrae in the neck and reduce muscle swelling.
- Sacroiliac pain – The sacroiliac joint is at the bottom of the spine. Pain in the back of the thigh or buttock can occur when the sacroiliac joint is compromised. Chiropractic treatment and exercises could reduce pain and strengthen core muscles.
- Shoulder pain – Manually stretching muscles could reduce pain in a stiff and painful shoulder.
- Knee pain – Osteoarthritis develops when the knee joint experiences wear and tear. Performing knee and back adjustments could improve mobility within just a few weeks of treatment.
If you’re experiencing any of these or any other type of pain and want to discuss how chiropractic care could benefit you, contact Jersey Premier Pain immediately.
At Jersey Premier Pain, we provide patients with comprehensive services to manage pain and treat various conditions. You deserve to feel relief from the ongoing pain you’re experiencing.
Schedule an appointment to discuss your symptoms and learn how we can help you with chiropractic care or another type of treatment. Call us at 201-386-8800 or send us a message.