Jersey City Acupuncture Care
If you are looking to schedule an appointment with one of our Jersey City acupuncture specialists, schedule an appointment today.
Acupuncture is a type of traditional Chinese medicine that has been practiced for over 3,500 years. It is a critical portion of modern alternative medicine, as it was developed to provide relief for pain and other types of ailments. To do this, acupuncturists will insert very fine steel needles into the body at certain points – called “acupoints” – to alleviate several different types of discomfort.
According to studies conducted by the National Institute of Health (NIH), acupuncture therapy has provided patients undergoing anticancer therapy with relief from nausea, vomiting, postoperative pain, fatigue, muscle and joint pain, and more.
At Jersey Premier Pain, we take a holistic approach to ensuring the well-being of our patients. Our Jersey City acupuncture specialists don’t just believe in treating symptoms – they believe in treating the cause of discomfort itself. Whether your pain comes from a work accident, a traffic collision, arthritis, or even anticancer therapy, you can rest assured that our skilled and compassionate team will do everything in their power to alleviate your discomfort and improve your quality of life.
Types of Acupuncture Techniques
There are several different types of acupuncture techniques, each designed to help relieve different types of pain or discomfort. At Jersey Premier Pain, we will work with you to determine which techniques best fit your unique needs. Some of the most common types of acupuncture techniques include:
- Body acupuncture – This type of acupuncture technique is perhaps the most commonly used of all. It involves detecting critical acupoints around the body and inserting fine steel needles to promote natural healing functions. Acupoints are divided into 12 primary meridians and eight extraordinary meridians. When stimulated by the needles, each acupoint provides a different therapeutic effect.
- Electroacupuncture – Used in addition to body acupuncture, electroacupuncture uses a low electric current to stimulate the muscles and activate the body’s natural healing functions. The acupuncture patient will feel a mild tingling sensation, but typically no discomfort is reported from this treatment. Although this treatment is extremely effective in relieving muscle tension, it may not be suitable for patients with heart conditions.
- Acupressure – This type of acupuncture therapy does not involve the insertion of fine steel needles. However, it does involve the stimulation and massage of certain acupressure points. Typically, the acupressure therapist will locate a patient’s critical acupoints during therapy, and teach them how to massage them to achieve relief on their own. This type of acupuncture therapy is especially effective for headaches and morning sickness.
- Acupuncture with magnets – Over the years, magnets have been found to stimulate the body’s natural healing functions in a variety of ways. This form of acupuncture therapy involves placing small magnets over certain acupoints on the body, and gently holding them in place with elastic bands. Acupuncture with magnets is especially effective in treating morning and motion sickness.
- Acupuncture with moxibustion – Applying heat to tense muscles is an extremely effective method of providing pain relief. This is the aim of acupuncture therapy with moxibustion. During these treatments, a small amount of an herb is attached to the end of the acupuncture needle and lit aflame. The herb will slowly smolder, gently heating the needle and providing an enhanced sense of relief to acupuncture patients.
- Acupuncture and heat treatments – This type of acupuncture treatment is similar to acupuncture with moxibustion. To achieve a warming effect, heat lamps are placed over the needles. This produces a tension-relieving effect on the muscles that is extremely relaxing and enjoyable for patients. Acupuncture with heat lamps is effective in alleviating painful conditions, such as sports injuries, colds, and women’s gynecological issues.
Schedule an Appointment at Our Jersey City Location
As one of the most experienced providers of holistic pain management in the state, Jersey Premier Pain takes pride in guiding patients toward fulfilling, pain-free lives. We understand that pain is caused by a number of different factors, so we always consider our patients’ unique needs when developing treatment plans. Our primary concern is ensuring your overall health and well-being.
If you’re suffering from chronic pain or discomfort for any reason, you don’t have to postpone treatment any longer. To schedule a consultation with one of our Jersey City pain management specialists, you can call our offices at 201-386-8800 or fill out an online form today. Together, we can develop a specialized treatment plan to address your specific challenges and improve your quality of life.