Jersey City Extremity Pain Treatment
Life can be stressful, but you shouldn’t have to tolerate chronic pain. If you’re experiencing pain in your arms, legs, hands, or feet, Jersey Premier Pain can help. Extremity pain is usually the result of overuse, daily wear and tear, or a medical condition. It’s possible to treat it with various methods chosen specifically for your unique symptoms.
We aim to get to the root of your pain and develop an individualized plan to alleviate your symptoms so you can enjoy your life again. Our staff is compassionate and dedicated to providing quality care to each patient. We offer a range of treatment options so you can find the one that works best for you.
Extremity Pain: What It Is and How It’s Caused
When you develop ongoing pain in your extremities, it interrupts your daily lifestyle. You could experience excruciating pain that negatively impacts your ability to work or minimal pain that never seems to go away. Many times, extremity pain develops over time and comes and goes unexpectedly.
The two main extremities of your body are lower and upper. Each includes various areas that can develop pain for a variety of reasons.
Lower Extremity Pain
The nerves that control your lower extremities start in the lower back and spine. The pain associated with your lower extremity could get better or worse in relation to your body’s positioning, posture, or specific activities. The lower extremities include:
- Legs: The different types of leg pain include inflammatory, orthopedic, neurologic, and vascular. It develops from overuse, injury, a blood clot, or poor circulation.
- Ankles: Pain in the ankle often occurs after a sprain or other injury. It could also result from arthritis or an infection. Damage to the surrounding structures within the ankle, such as the tendons, cartilage, or blood vessels, can cause pain as well.
- Feet: It’s possible to experience pain in any area of your foot. If left untreated, it could lead to permanent damage or disability. The most common causes of foot pain include sprain, muscle strain, fracture, tendonitis, and disease.
Upper Extremity Pain
Pain in the upper extremities develops mostly from daily overuse. Frequently performing the same activity or repeatedly straining the upper extremities increases the risk of injury and pain. The upper extremities include:
- Arms: Our arms are vital to complete job-related duties, drive, eat, and perform various other tasks. Overexertion is a common cause of arm pain. Abnormalities or injury to the skin, nerves, bone, joints, blood vessels, or soft tissue could also result in pain.
- Wrists: Carpal tunnel syndrome leads to decreased mobility and pain in the wrist for many people. A pinched nerve, fall injury, repetitive motion, or genetics could also play a part in wrist pain.
- Shoulders: Mobility of the shoulder is vital to the functioning of the arm. Most activities require the shoulder to work as intended. Shoulder pain usually occurs because of rotator cuff tendonitis, arthritis, torn cartilage, bone spur, pinched nerve, or a broken bone.
- Hands: We use our hands every single day. Damage to the fingers, nerves, or tendons could lead to chronic pain in the hand. Trauma, inflammation, swelling, and joint dislocation can also develop, which results in pain.
Treatment Options for Pain in the Extremities
The type of treatment you should undergo depends on the affected extremity and how severe the pain is. Certain circumstances, like the cause of the pain, also determines how your specialist will manage your symptoms.
Many people require more than one treatment, while others only need medication. For some, regularly scheduled appointments may continue for years to manage the pain. The most conventional methods for upper and lower extremity pain include:
- Medicine, both over the counter and prescription
- Chiropractic care
- Occupational or physical therapy
- Pain management program
- Steroid injection
- Massage therapy
- Physical therapy
Our specialists will design a treatment plan incorporating the methods that will directly address your specific pain symptoms.
A Comprehensive Approach to Your Pain
Jersey Premier Pain takes your pain seriously. We know the overwhelming effects of living with pain and how much it impacts your life. We will create a treatment plan that matches your lifestyle and aims to alleviate your symptoms.
When you visit our facility, we will begin by diagnosing the source of your pain. Once we identify the location of your pain and why it’s happening, we’ll develop a treatment plan to stop your pain generators or reduce the effect your pain has on your life.
If we’re unable to locate or diagnosis the source of your pain, we can provide treatments that will increase your overall quality of life. State of the art techniques that include injections, medications, and even holistic care are all available so you can manage your extremity pain.
Experiencing Extremity Pain? Contact Jersey Premier Pain
Pain is different for everyone. We know that no two patients are alike or experience extremity pain the same way. During your initial appointment with us, we’ll get to the root of the problem and advise you on your best treatment options for your condition.
Call our Jersey City office at 201-386-8800 to discuss how we can alleviate the pain in your extremities.